Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Polar Plunge Winter Festival - Va. Beach, 2013

It's that time of year again (this weekend Feb 1 - 2, 2013) when the "crazies" come out for a winter dip in the Atlantic ocean to raise money for charity. (Polar Plunge for Special Olympics) Ok, I get the fundraising aspect but swimming in the near freezing water in "costume" with thousands of other "crazies" at the same time?  That practice eludes my sense of reason. It's really just a reason, any reason, to get out of the house where we have been stuck all winter. Aside from the freezing weather, the artic water and that cold north wind which is sure to be blowing, it looks like real fun! I certainly wouldn't do it myself but maybe next year I will volunteer to help behind the scenes. If you are in or near Virginia Beach this weekend, get involved! Come see the spectacle and if you can ... donate. Check the link I provided for other Polar Plunge celebrations, some maybe coming to a city or town near you! And above all, have fun, it's for a good cause!

No comments: