Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Salute 2012

    
     Wikipedia defines "memorial day" as: (and I copy and paste here) Memorial Day is a federal holiday observed annually in the United States on the last Monday of May. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.
     As a military wife, who's husband did his 20 years in the US NAVY, military folks have always held a special place in my heart. I was one of the fortunate ones, my sailor came back to me, safe and sound. I try to never forget the ones who did not.
     Take the politics out of it and what you have left is one person, trying to do do what his or her country has called upon him or her to do. Ready and willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for others. They are protecting the freedoms you and I enjoy. Try not to pass up the opportunity to thank a service member next chance you get.
     To our service members, past, present or future, I personally thank you for your service. And to the families of those service members, I salute you as well ... been there done that.

No comments: