Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sum-sum-summertime!

Here we are already in July, the year is almost half over, how's your's going? I have just returned from a 2 week trip out West to visit family in Utah and sight see in Idaho and Wyoming. Everyone should get out across these wonderful United States of ours and get in the sites. Amazing how just a few hours away from home can be so different in climate and culture. As we ascended the Uintas mountains in 85* heat we had snow drifts beneath our feet! Cool! Hiking at the top thru old mining camps really makes you appreciate what it took our forefathers to establish this country. Some times the actual travelling is the hardest part ... for me, an injury to my leg the night before takeoff really threw me a curve ball. Fortunately, the airlines simply offered me a wheel chair to get through airports and we got there! (Now that is a humbling experience!) Being prepared makes travel easier. Take the time to plan and get ready long before you leave and fewer things are likely to go wrong. Check out the link to the governments travel site, every hint helps. If you are a seasoned traveler, like me, you know the routine but please be patient with the families and 1st timers, they are overwhelmed with rules and regulations. On my last flight there was an elderly gentleman celebrating his 80th birthday ... and his first airline flight! Good for him! Go now, shop those travel sites, find a destination that has always intrigued you and find a way to go there! In all my travels, I can honestly say that I have never regretted going to any new place. Those are memories I will alwyas have and experiences that shape who I am and keep educating me to new things. Do it! Go travel! Then tell me all about it!

No comments: