Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting Started

Welcome to my "blog". I hope to use this as a tool for talking to and helping to educate first time home buyers or anyone interested in getting into real estate, whether that's buying it, selling it or maybe even becoming a real estate salesperson. They won't all be this full or boring, just this first one.
I am a broker with 8 years of experience here in the Southside Hampton Roads (VA) area. I myself was a Navy wife for 20+ years, that's what brought me to Hampton Roads. I'm still here because I love it, it's home.
If you have questions about buying your first home or selling for the first time I hope to be a source of information for you. Maybe you are in a "spot" with an ever increasing mortgage and need to know what your options are for saving your self from foreclosure. Perhaps you have heard now is a great time to be a buyer or an investor, with interest rates at historic low levels and a vast selection of homes from which to choose and you were wondering if you could become a homeowner or investor, but don't know where to start.
For any or all of the above reasons, ask me. I am a great place to start. Person to person, no sales pitch, just information. I, personally, hate being pressured, so don't expect any from me.
I'm new at this blogging thing so I guess I will try to make an entry each day. . . kind of a day in the life thing until someone asks a question.
1/15/08 - Took several calls today from Homes magazine ads, wanting addresses, gave them out, encouraged people to drive by then call me back if they want to go inside. Had another real estate agent show my 3 bedroom single family listing in Norfolk today. Watched it snow and then sunshine, repeatedly. I'm originally from New England, so seeing the snow makes me melancholy.

No comments: